Get the Greatest Books at the best prices online – or anywhere for that matter. By going directly to this remarkable site, which always has the greatest books at best prices with the ultimate variety, you will not have to take the time and hassle to visit anywhere else. They can be found here… VISIT HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF.
Reading – a fundamental source for learning, entertainment, and gaining our own thoughts and directions has never been as important or as available as it is today. There are so many books, and methods for accessing books today than ever before in history.
Whether you are into the feel of the book itself, taking in the pages, or you are into downloads or audio books, we have it all here in the largest library – and always at the Best Price.
Whether you are looking for Used, New, or into finding audio books, we have just the place for you to find anything you are yearning for. The greatest books are at your disposal through this site.
For education, or entertainment – and anything in-between… Work, Business, Do It Yourself (DIY), home and garden… Well the greatest books are here. Here are just the beginnings of the Categories available (and believe me – it doesn’t stop here):
- Arts & Photography
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Business & Money
- Children’s Books
- Christian Books & Bibles
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Computers & Technology
- Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- Education & Teaching
- Engineering & Transportation
- General Best Sellers
- Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Humor & Entertainment
- Literature & Fiction
- Medical Books
- Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Parenting & Relationships
- Politics & Social Sciences
- Religion & Spirituality
- Science & Math
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Sports & Outdoors
- Teen & Young Adult
- Test Preparation
From the time our kids are able to hear us read (basically from within the womb) they should be hearing us. Then even more so when they are in this World. The gifts of READING are proven to be fundamentally beneficial in all areas of life.
We learn so much from being read to, from reading, and then from our own abilities to write, share, and communicate.
I have personally been fond of reading, and still read hours and hours each week. It is a constant, and a consistent part of my fulfillment and successes in many areas of my life. I found some wonderful information on why Reading is Important, and I’ll include that here:
Read Anywhere from the Greatest Books?
From time to time people have wondered why reading is important. There seems so many other things to do with one’s time. Reading is important for a variety of reasons. We will look at some of those fundamental reasons below, but it is important to realize that struggling with vital reading skills in not a sign a low intelligence. For example, John Corcoran, who wrote The Teacher Who Couldn’t Read, is a very intelligent man.
He graduated from High School and College, became a popular High School teacher and later a successful businessman all without being able to read. Many highly intelligent people have struggled with reading although, when properly taught, most people can learn to read easily and quickly.
Now, if a man like John Corcoran can succeed without reading, why is reading important? A person should really read Mr. Corcoran’s story to get the feeling of shame, loneliness and fear that he experienced before he learned to read. He was able to succeed in spite of this major handicap because he was a man of intelligence, ability and determination. But, make no mistake, it was a handicap that made life harder and less enjoyable.
Why Is Reading Important?
1. Reading is fundamental to function in today’s society. There are many adults who cannot read well enough to understand the instructions on a medicine bottle. That is a scary thought -, especially for their children. Filling out applications becomes impossible without help. Reading road or warning signs is difficult. Even following a map becomes a chore. Day-to-day activities that many people take for granted become a source of frustration, anger, and fear.
2. Reading is a vital skill in finding a good job. Many well-paying jobs require reading as a part of job performance. There are reports and memos which must be read and responded to. Poor reading skills increase the amount of time it takes to absorb and react in the workplace. A person is limited in what they can accomplish without good reading and comprehension skills.
3. Reading is important because it develops the mind. The mind is a muscle. It needs exercise. Understanding the written word is one way the mind grows in its ability. Teaching young children to read helps them develop their language skills. It also helps them learn to listen. Everybody wants to talk, but few can really listen. Lack of listening skills can result in major misunderstandings which can lead to job loss, marriage breakup, and other disasters – small and great. Reading helps children [and adults] focus on what someone else is communicating.
4. Why is reading important? It is how we discover new things. Books, magazines and even the Internet are great learning tools which require the ability to read and understand what is read. A person who knows how to read can educate themselves in any area of life they are interested in. We live in an age where we overflow with information, but reading is the main way to take advantage of it.
Reading Develops The Imagination
5. Reading develops the imagination. TV and computer games have their place, but they are more like amusement. Amusement comes from two words “a” [non] and “muse” [think]. Amusement is non-thinking activities. With reading, a person can go anywhere in the world…or even out of it! They can be a king, or an adventurer, or a princess, or… The possibilities are endless. Non-readers never experience these joys to the same extent.
6. In line with the above, reading develops the creative side of people. When reading to children, stop every once in awhile and ask them what they think is going to happen next. Get them thinking about the story. When it is finished, ask if they could think of a better ending or anything that would have improved it. If they really liked the story, encourage them to illustrate it with their own drawings or to make up a different story with the same characters. Get the creative juices flowing!
Reading Is Fundamental
7. Reading is fundamental in developing a good self-image. Nonreaders or poor readers often have low opinions of themselves and their abilities. Many times they feel as if the world is against them. They feel isolated [everybody else can read – which isn’t true] and behavior problems can surface. They can perform poorly in other subjects because they cannot read and understand the material and so tend to “give up.”
8. Why is reading important? Let’s keep going… Good reading skills, especially in a phonics reading program, improve spelling. As students learn to sound out letters and words, spelling comes easier. Also, reading helps to expand the vocabulary. Reading new words puts them in their mind for later use. Seeing how words are used in different contexts can give a better understanding of the word usage and definitions than the cold facts of a dictionary.
9. There is an old saying, “The pen is mightier than the sword.” Ideas written down have changed the destiny of men and nations for better or worse. The flow of ideas cannot be stopped. We need to read and research to build on the good ideas and expose the bad ideas before they bring destruction. Only by reading can we be armed in this never-ending, life-and-death struggle.
10. The fact of the power of written ideas communicated through reading is a foundational reason why some governments oppose free and honest communication. Illiterate people are easier to control and manipulate. They cannot do their own research and thinking. They must rely on what they are told and how their emotions are swayed. There is a good possibility that this is one of the main reasons phonics was removed from the schools about 100 years ago.
Reading Is Important
11. Finally, why is reading important? Reading is important because words – spoken and written – are the building blocks of life. You are, right now, the result of words that you have heard or read AND believed about yourself. What you become in the future will depend on the words you believe about yourself now. People, families, relationships, and even nations are built from words. Think about it.
According to Jonathan Kozol in “Illiterate America,” quoted in “The Teacher Who Couldn’t Read,’” the three main reasons people give for wanting to read are:
1. To read the Bible,
2. To read books and newspapers, and
3. To help their children.
I think everyone can conclude that reading is a vital skill! Reading Strategies are also a part of learning to read.
By Glenn Davis,
Thank you Glenn – and I totally agree.
If you like a topic, or a
Movie Series, you should dive into the books. Books allow for so much more of the Story, the plots, the characters. If you love it on the big screen, you’ll more than love it and get more into it when you read the original book from which the movie was based.
Do you travel, drive or fly a lot – you should Read, but at times AUDIO BOOKS are a great addition to your personal growth. They allow you to take in the greatest books and are read to you. Being read to is a great way to soak in a story, to learn history, to gain knowledge or sit back and relax while traveling in the book to new places. And it’s all available on our site (that we continually update).
There is always a way to get the greatest books in… and you deserve it!